Has anyone else managed to pick up the new album yet?
Anyway, I just recently got "Yes, Virgina," and I must say, I love it. Even more so than the last one. First of all, all of the songs are amazing in their own right. They've each got an individuality to them that helps for them to stand out on their own. Secondly, the lyrics are just...wow. They've definitely improved. Especially "Dirty Business." "The kind who tell you she's bipolar just to make you trust her...." Just...stunning. But without a doubt, Delilah is the absolute best song they've ever done. Ever. So mature, and so very gorgeous. The vocals and the piano harmonize in a way that seems unlike the usual for them, but it works so very well. It's a haunting song, and if I were to quote my favorite parts, I'd just be reposting the whole song. ;p
But that's just my opinion. What do you guys think?
Yay! We're up to three members by now! Sweet. Anyway. I posted awhile back about the Dresden Dolls filming their newest video. Well, they're also going on tour, and though I can't go, (damn it.) I'd advise you all to look out for dates near you, 'cause I'm sure their live show is amazing! Well, that's all I have for tonight. Rock on, everybody. :)
Dude. How much would it rock if I did this? Pity there's no way in hell I would ever be able to-it's tomorrow! So anyone that can make it-DO IT! How much would it freaking rock to be in a Dresden Dolls video?
Many thanks goes out to Holly, who helped with the background. It looks awesome, Holly. I really appriciate your effort!
I just joined because I know this is going to be an awesome community! ^_^
1. Name? Holly
2. Age? 20
3. Location? Virginia
4. What got you into the Dresden Dolls? Well I saw Gerard Way mention them in an interview actually lol. I thought they sounded interesting so I went ahead and picked up their album and feel in love instantly!
5. Favorite Dresden Dolls song? That's tough. I think I'd have to go with The Perfect Fit cause that song is just so beautiful and honest. It says everything I wish I could say.
6. How have the Dresden Dolls affected you? They've inspired me so much to just get out there and perform. I haven't had the opportunity to see them live yet but I've watched the concert on their DVD and was amazed! I think it's great how they're bringing back vaudeville. That's something I'd love to be a part of.
7. Other favorite bands? My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, The Used, The White Stripes, Alice Cooper... this list could go on and on.
8. Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/dementeddolly
Hello. I figured I'd introduce myself, being the maintainer of this lovely community, and make the first general post. First, a little about me:
1. Name: Alex
2. Age: 17
3. Location: New Hampshire
4. What got you into the Dresden Dolls: Myspace. I wish I could say something cool like "I've been with them from the beginning" but I'm afraid my story's just not that fascinating. (Nor unique, I am sure.)
5. Favorite Dresden Dolls song: Right now, I'd have to say either "Missed Me" or "The Perfect Fit." I like all of them, so it's hard choosing just one. "Missed Me" is eerie and haunting-I love that in music. Plus, it (for me, anyways) always keeps me guessing. "The Perfect Fit" is just absolutely gorgeous. The lyrics are brilliantly poetic, and they seem to catch fire and come to life in my mind every time I hear them, especially: "I can write a song, but I can't sing in key." (Hence the community name. :D)
6. How have the Dresden Dolls affected you: They have impacted my view on music, for sure. They taught me that imperfections can make for great poetry, and that music doesn't have to be limited by merely guitars, basses, and drums. They have inspired me in my own writing, which is something that has a huge impact on me, considering writing is a good majority of my life.
7. Other favorite bands: Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, AFI, Flogging Molly, James Blunt, Death Cab For Cutie, Dropkick Murphys, etc. This list could go on forever! My musical taste is definitely varying.
8. Myspace (Because, let's face it, everyone has one.): http://www.myspace.com/damnedimmortal
Anyway, if anyone has any skills at all with graphic/icon making, feel free to make a layout/icon/graphic for the community! It would be very much appriciated.
Any suggestions/ideas/improvements you have are also welcome! Feel free to e-mail me with questions or concerns as well.
That's about it for me, but feel free to introduce yourselves! I hope this will be the beginning of a wonderful community!