Ah, please delete if not allowed!
I did a cute little meme using the Dolls, and Amanda Palmer songs, I had lots of fun with it, even though it was short. But I thought I'd share my anwers! ^__^ Just for fun.
Rules of the game:
Full contents and ordering info ( under the cutCollapse )
Hey all, new to this forum. I'm a photographer, and I have some pics you might enjoy coming up!
Currently just posted photos on my flickr from the WKAP tour in Chicago. Check it out!
I will soon be posting photos from Rothbury including:
Amandacera (aka Phantangible Photography)
1. Name: Melissa
2. Age: 21
3. Location: California
4. What got you into the Dresden Dolls: A great online friend about 4 years ago
5. Favorite Dresden Dolls song: I would have to say my fav of all time is Coin operated boy
6. How have the Dresden Dolls affected you: The Dresden Dolls have affected my life so much I got their name tattooed on my back :D http://dresdendolls.com/closet/couture/i
7. Other favorite bands: Regina Spektor, Queen
The rest can be found here at my brand spanking new icon journal.
I just joined and I'm so glad I can now talk to other Dolls fans. I live in this small town in Ireland and I only know 3 other people who actually know who The Dresden Dolls are! I've been trying to educate people about them but most people just nod and smile and back away as quickly as possible, some even ran screaming. *sigh* These small minded people just can't take the honesty and awesomeness of Amanda's voice and lyrics and Brian's sexy druming.
Anyway, I'm so excited because me, my mam and my two best friends (those are the 3 people) are going to see Amanda Palmer's solo gig in Dublin in September!!! God damnit, it's too far away!
Can't wait til then *jumps up and down like stupid teenage girl, which she just happens to be*
Is anyone else here going to the Dublin gig?
So, I get the feeling no one posts here.
But for all you Aus fans, Amanda is probebly comig down under in Winter. :) Yay.
First of all, welcome to all of the new members! It's awesome how this group is growing! :)
Second, I'm just writing to let you know that I have a new journal, waitingtobelit, which is the one I'll be using from here on in.
That is all.
Oh, and to keep this somewhat on topic: What's your favorite lyric from any Dresden Doll song? Mine happens to be: "I can't change my name but I could be your type" from "The Perfect Fit." I've always thought of it as a deep line, personally. I'm just...really drawn to it. :)
1. Name: Kayla
2. Age: 16
3. Location: Melbourne
4. What got you into the Dresden Dolls: I love all of Viginia Andrews books and I was on you tube putting in random words and in the flowers in the attic siries the kids are called the dresden dolls, hurd them and loved them ever since...
5. Favorite Dresden Dolls song: I love them all but 'slide' is my fave. at the moment as I can relate to it...
6. How have the Dresden Dolls affected you: They have opened up a whole new world to me... I was told by my singing teacher to give up but now I sing in a band and 'slide' has helped me deal with being abused...
7. Other favorite bands: Green Day,The Academy Is..., Inner Cirkl My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, AFI, Cute Is What We Aim For, Death Cab For Cutie, Cobra Starship, Boys Like Girls, etc. This list goes on...
8. Myspace (Because, let's face it, everyone has one.):Myspace is EVIL!!!! I HATE it!!!!!
Oi, just thought I'd introduce myself :)
* Officially, my name is Anne, but everyone calls me Fnug or Fluff, and I'd like to keep it that way ^^
* I'm 17 years old, but everyone seems to think me older.
* My real home is in Cleggan, Ireland, but I keep on finding myself being lost in Copenhagen, Denmark.
* My darling friend fluee played me "Half Jack", and I was sold. The song touched something in me, I could really relate to the lyrics (being a girl, wishing to be a boy, it was a nice thing to get a name for it - I am a Half Jack ^^)
* Ow, it's hard to decide on just one, about 90% of all the songs gives me the creeps, and I can relate to them, which is probably why I adore them so much. But more and more, I think my favourite song by them might be either "Girl, Anachronism", "Half Jack", "Delilah" or "Backstabber". I really can't choose between those four.
* The Dresden Dolls have affected me in a lot of ways. My clothes, for instance, now contains a large number of striped stockings, suspenders and little black dresses. But they've also affected me in the way of my courage. "Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing" - that's what I do. All my life, I've been told I can't sing, but now, I think "Damn, someone told Amanda that she couldn't sing - fuck them! And fuck the ones who told me the same!".
* The music I listen to is a nice mix of a lot of genres. Besides Dresden Dolls, I find joy in listening to Cinema Strange, Bauhaus, The Cure, Disco Ensemble, Hell Is For Heroes, Pink Floyd, 30 Seconds To Mars, Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids, The Cranberries, etc etc. Other artists I like, I can mention Jean Michel Jarre, Leonard Cohen, George Harrison and Björk.
* Believe it or not, I don't have a MySpace! :O